Sam asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Why so ... toxic?

There’s one question I have had since I was very young: how can some people so toxic? 

There’s nothing worse than someone ruining a good time by finding something bad to say. 

Simple questions need simple answers. Happy times need happy people. Positive discussions need positive people. We all want things to be happy and positive, but there’s always someone who’s there to “mess things up.” 

Let me give you an example: 

I just saw an anonymous ask, ‘What is it about Biden that people see is good?’ They clearly stated they weren’t putting hate upon him and just wanted to know what was it about him that people liked. I went to read the answers they were given and 2 were reported, others mocking them for being ‘retarded’ or ‘stupid for asking the question’.

Why? Why are people like that? Why do people choose to be so ugly towards those with questions? Why has the world become like this?

• larry1
    Favorite Answer

Psychology says... most toxic people are projecting their bad feelings about themselves and their own insecurities outward upon others. 

Other toxic people may have been abused/ neglected/ unloved in their formative years while they were growing up and so they think it's normal to act that way. 

P.S. Some toxics are you just down right plain mean. They have deliberately chosen evil and to be toxic to 'compete' and 'win' as they've been brainwashed that those things are important.

Not all people who act toxic are toxic. Sometimes it can be a mental disorder that affects their behavior in negative ways, or it could be them being an a$$hole. Or someone who is so mentally and physically drained from life and just want to kick the bucket and have nothing better to do except for point and and show the whole world how much sh!t they've been through and how they don't care.

Or something else.

Most people are just rude.

Hard to avoid them, normally I just recommend you let them say the useless crap they say to your face and then ignore it. It is much better than you would expect. I like to laugh to toxic people.

I like laughing at toxic people because of how toxic it is, it makes me laugh. Idk why, but its a coping mechanism to me.

Some people just like to watch the world burn. ;)

Others who act toxic are annoying as hell.

Source(s): mY pErSonAl eXpeRiEnCe, AnD tHe fAcT thAt I aM mAsOcHiSt :)

There is no need to have a reason to know their toxicity. Just get away from them as miluch as possible.

They weren't born that way....they were carefully RAISED by toxic parents to be just like them.  They don't know any better.

They are "dyed in the wool" and will be this way for life....healthy people avoid them.