Anonymous

Why are Italians so low on the Nazi race tier list?

The Italians made fascism as (what they saw as) a more practical alternative to socialism. Hitler and pals really liked it, and would develop Nazism from fascism. In which, they added their race tier list ideals based on what we now know to be arbitrary pseudoscience. The Italians were the lowest of the whites, who for whatever reason were on the top, according to their views.

My question is, how could Hitler, as someone who intently looked up to Mussolini (an Italian) and stole his ideology (fascism), simultaneously say Italians were lesser peoples?

The concept was that Italians were closer to Africans from inter-breeding and from an evolutionary standpoint along with the rest of the Mediterraneans, right? For whatever dumb reason, that made them lesser races, right?

Wouldn't stealing their ideology and acknowledging that you thought it was good, better than anything you had, kind of defeat the whole point? Would having your role model be of that lesser peoples ethnicity also not be incredibly hypocritical?

To me, it seems like saying, "Yeah, those people are less evolved and less intelligent than us, but their ideas are superior and they have great model citizens that we should mimic." And that just sounds stupid.

Did they have some kind of justification for this hypocrisy? Did no one else at the time see this as odd? 

If the Germans (NOT the Nazis, there is no such thing as a Nazi, only a patriotic German) looked down on the Italians, why were they allies who fought side by side in North Africa and Sicily? 

The Italians proved to be unreliable allies for the Nazis in WWII; no wonder the Nazis look down on them.  Plus, modern Italian cars are also unreliable compared to German cars, so, if I were the master race, I'd continue to view Italians as inferior.

I've heard some Anglicans say that but Hitler didn't. You're confusing Klan members and Nazi.

(btw, I'm skipping the whole Rome once conquered the Britons part but that's what's fueling your question)

Here's what most people don't seem to understand about this stuff. Mussolini had helped restore the Roman Catholic Church. If they won, the pope would have declared him emperor and Rome would have been reborn.

Mussolini turned into a monster, but unlike Hitler, it wasn't based on hate. He was trying to create a unified culture to advance the world. Just like Rome has always done.

• Zirp

I guess some racist ideologue decided it was practical somehow.

The hypothesis that humans come in genetically distinct races was proven wrong shortly after WW2

• Magui

I have never heard that Italians were the lowest of the whites according to Nazis. That's very weird.

Italians were their allies.

You're head fat but your brain tiny

• Stilty

Italian culture is artsy and gay, fascism is about power and efficiency. The Italians gave it wings but the Germans made it fly.