Anonymous

He was my best friend since childhood. I told him I loved and lost him and his friendship. Do you think I did something wrong?

I was just honest to talk about how I feel and that was all.

He just does not know that the others will love him but wont say as a STRATEGY not to scare him, others will cheat him and smile at his face, others will say you are so hot to him but mock about his c*ock and s*ex drive with their woman friends behind his back, criticise his character and everything else about him etc.

• Mike A

I do not believe you did anything wrong, aside from not making your intentions clearer when you were younger. I have held onto a friend or two because of the crush I secretly had on them. The problem with that, is that it never became what I hoped it would. It's awful that you lost a friend over this, but what it came down to was that you and he were looking for different things. 

This is a valuable learning experience. One I learned after a few-too-many instances of the same exact thing happening. I think it happened to me five times before I finally got it. But I've finally learned how to stop it from happening, before it even starts. 

Here's the thing. Assuming you prefer guys; you are going to meet guys who are looking for the same thing as you, and you are doubtlessly going to meet a whole lot more of them who are looking for something you don't want. The reason doesn't matter. It's just a difference in motives and goals. It's best to make your intentions clear to someone earlier on, when you haven't invested as much into a friendship and gotten attached. That way, it will bother you way less to let someone go, and you won't be abandoning or losing a friendship. 

What it comes down to is finding someone who is looking for the same things you are. If someone is looking for the same thing, the conversation could get really interesting. But if you find out that he wants to move at a different pace than him, you know to sidestep him and let him find someone else. If you are just looking for a fling, you would't go for someone who's searching for his future wife. If you were offered a dream job, interviewed for it, then got offered a lesser position with no chance to move up, you wouldn't take the job if you could get the same money elsewhere. 

And that's the best advice I can give.