Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

My husband is refusing to combine our bank accounts after we got married. What do I do?

He has a lot of money and I assumed he would be a normal man and combine our finances after marriage but we've been married for 2 weeks and he has not done it. I'm beginning to regret marrying this man. I don't want to get a divorce yet but what am I supposed to do? How do I get him to combine our bank accounts?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • T J
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Because it is his money. anything he or you have before marriage is not part of community property, in a divorce you keep what you had before the marriage. Run and see if you can get the marriage annulled.  Sounds like you are a gold digger. why did you not talk money before the marriage?

• 4 weeks ago

Divorce him then you will get most of his money, that was the plan anyway right, what are you waiting for?

• i + i
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You don't. Neither of you sound very 

mature, since these kind of things all 

should be sorted out BEFORE getting 

married. Divorce, grow up, then try again.

• 4 weeks ago

Go away, little troll.

You're boring.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Piero
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Separate accounts will prevent a myriad of mistakes, disputes, and problems.

• not
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A normal man? People dont always combine bank accounts. You and your fiance should have figured things like this out. Now you'll have to figure it out with your husband.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.