Blaze asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 4 weeks ago

Were white people in general nice or mean to black slaves in the early 1900s?

I dont mean the slave owners

33 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

If you are referring to the United States, slavery was abolished by then...

• garry
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

some where and some werent , its the times when normal things were different .

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Based on BLM, slavery is still happening and whites are violating , abusing  them on a daily basis, ONLY blacks, no other minorities count, they are the victims but yet if you look at the crime rate in United states for example......

Chicago: 75% of Murdered Are Black, 71% of Murderers Are Black

Attachment image
  • 4 weeks ago

Well, in the US slavery had been abolished for decades by 1900, but efforts to "recreate a faux version of it" via Jim Crow laws would soon be fully in place. It's hard to generalize, but some whites were "nice" to blacks, many were indifferent, and still others joined white supremist groups to oppress them even further. It wasn't a good time to be black in America. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

In the US at least, there were no slaves in the early 1900s since slavery was outlawed in 1865.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

In the early 1900s there where only slaves in Muslim countries (including Turkey), in Saudi-Arabia even after the Brits helped them become independent and until the 1960s and Mauretania even until 1981 and some argue even nowadays.

• JOHN B
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Slavery was officially terminated in 1863 in the USA. I begin to wonder what schools are teaching nowadays

If I had children, I might be up in arms over this.

Maybe it's just a trick question.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

White people in general were mean to black *ex-slaves in the early 1900s. That's when Segregation happened. 

• 4 weeks ago

Honestly life for rural southerners was very difficult. Many were share croppers that lived a life only a step above slaves.  They were probably focused on survival, rarely saw an African and never gave it much thought.

PS: At the time you mention slavery had long been abolished.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

there weren't slaves in the early 1900s

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.