Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Do you like to wash your own car or take it thru the car wash?

The reason i ask is because i want to decide if i want to wash my first car myself or just take it thru the car wash and let those big fat roller mops do it in general. 

Thank you for your answer Armouror-All. I like those car products by the way. They make my dash and tires shiny.

Favorite Answer

I wash all my own Vehicles when i was in the Military one of my Jobs was to wash the section vehicles it is easy and Only takes a few Minutes

I tend to wash my own cars - either in front of my house, or at one of those self-serve deals with the brush and pressure sprayer.

I enjoy spending a few minutes going over the car and checking to see if anything needs attention.

I try to hand wash, but with this broke leg, I'll have to run her thru a machine pretty soon. Lots of ash from CA fires, it shows on a white car.

No, I am Not:: "Lazy". I have $109,000 total in hospital costs.

• Erik

I usually wash it myself cause I'm really poor.  Most car washes these days are hand wash.

Had some pretty heavy rain last night so I should be good for a while.

• F

Ever felt the brushes in a car wash? They are nylon and scratch you paint badly. Use a bucket and sponge (actually several buckets).

I have washed my own car for half a century.  When a car wash or it's employees make damage, try to get the damage removed.  It won't happen.

💛🌼💛🌼💛🌼💛🌼💛🌼💛

• Lv 7

I wash my car at home sometimes, but I prefer to take it to the car wash because it's faster. 

I like to wash my own car. It’s better for the paint and the environment.