Anonymous

Is my boyfriend a momma’s boy?

We have been together for 3 years. He comes from a single mom household. Understandably he is close to her. However now I’m worrying if he is too close.

We met and were living abroad and since he lost his job -he went back to Europe and since he has no place of his own/ he is living with his mother In a studio apt.

He can’t talk to me in front of her ofcourse. So I have to speak with him whenever she is outside. If she returns , he tries to hang up as fast as he can.

She also makes him take her out and do random errands for her and her friends.

He also ignores my advice and takes hers instead. After confronting him/ he said I’m overreacting and jealous and lashed out at Me for other unrelated matters.

Also, strangely he complains about his mother to me a lot but seems to be totally submissive to her. 

Am I right or is he? How should I stop feeling like this so relationship stays strong?

FYI: I am 24 and he is 43

— He met me in my native country when he was working here. He had to leave because his contract ended. 

Favorite Answer

ohhh 24 and 43? yeah this relationship isn't going anywhere. sucks you wasted 3 years!

Why does someone have to be right?

If you're not comfortable with the guy's lifestyle, then why are you with him at all?  His mother isn't just going to disappear.

• T J

Why did he go back to momma, when you have been with him for 3 years? Something is wrong here. He is hiding you from her, thats a bad sign. Maybe you need this time to rethink being with him at all.

Oh lord, leave him. I don’t care how long your relationship was with him. Him being 43, living with his mother AND taking her side? It’s the mama’s boys that always choose their moms over their girlfriend. Please leave him before anything worse happens, this relationship will not work out. Go spend your time with someone who’s good for you.

Dump him. He's too much of a mama's boy. It's always her being put before your relationship with him and he can't even talk to you in front of her? f*ck that you're not some dirty little secret he needs to keep hidden. Move on from him you're young and you're clearly already more mature than he will ever be.