Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Is it likely that I'm pregnant?

I had unprotected sex two months ago 1 or 2 days before my period was due and it didn't start. I had a pregnancy test a few days after and another one more than one week after - both negative. I generally feel fine, no other symptoms of pregnancy. My second period should have started two days ago, but still nothing.. I feel a little bit of pain when I touch my breasts which I usually do right before my period, so I still have hopes.. Do you think it's likely that I'm still pregnant? My period is usually very regular, except a half a year ago I also completely skipped one period, but after another month it started like nothing happened. This year was pretty stressful for me, could it just be because of that or could it be some desease?

I don't think you will get pregnant in this scenario  so there is nothing which you have get worried of 

You may have tested too soon. Take another test.

Most females are not fertile two days prior to menstruation, so you may not even be pregnant after all. 

morning sickness is a big sign your pregnant

It is possible that you tested for pregnancy too soon.

It can take as lone as 21 days after sex for a test to be positive.  If your ovulation was late - then a test would not have turned positive right when the period was missing - it would have taken longer to get that positive test.

Pregnancy symptoms don't matter.  You CAN be pregnant and the missing period be the ONLY symptom.  

Take another pregnancy test.  If it is negative and you have not had sex in the last 21 days - then the results would be accurate.  

If your period remains missing - consult your doctor for advice.  

Have you done a pregnancy test in the last 2-3 weeks?  You tested too soon after sex to know if you were pregnant 2 months back.  If you've totally skipped a period before, it is possible that is what happened.  Of course, any time you have unprotected sex there is a chance of conception.

Yes, there is always a slight possibility that you have some other condition that is causing a lack of menstruation.  I'd suggest that you take another home pregnancy test and or go see an ob/gyn. 

• ?

You tested too early but as it has now been 2 months since sex then take a test now and find out but probably just a period problem

• helene

Both of your pregnancy tests were too early. No matter when your period was due, you're not going to get a positive until a good two weeks after intercourse.

So test again.