College Application?

I’m an high school senior and on the college applications on the common app website, it asks for my dads education level. However, after I submitted, I realized I put ‘some secondary high school’ however I meant to put ‘some college/university’ will this affect my admissions? I already emailed each school but now I’m thinking I’m paranoid.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

No, that will not affect your admissions.  They use that for demographics information about their incoming class.  Your email was fine, but not necessary.  There won't be any issue from this.

• Expat
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No. Your father’s education is not a determining factor. Interesting it’s included but I imagine it’s only to learn something of family history and perhaps some measure of support and financial situation. But MANY people whose parents never went to college go to college and you will not be discriminated against because of it. Relax! 

• John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Correcting your error should not negatively affect your applications.  While one certainly doesn't want to make mistakes on a college application, without your correction your answer might have been considered to be deception.  One trick of Rick Singer's (of the college admissions scandal) was to falsely say applicants were first generation college students.  

• 1 month ago

you're being paranoid.  your emails covered the error

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.