Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Parents accusing me of drug use while 7 months pregnant?

They absolutely hate my boyfriend and his family. We are 23 and 22 they constantly try to tear us apart, they now stated that I’m using drugs because they upset me and I reacted by actually yelling back for once rather than sitting there crying. They now are accusing me of such a stupid thing, because his parents are currently addicts so they assumed I was going to get drugs and that I’m on drugs for when I asked them to watch my daughter so we could go an hour away to buy things for her while the weather was bad an my car isn’t the most reliable in snow. They stated I could just pay overpriced products here rather than drive an hour where it’s much cheaper, they’re all we have and they treat us like this, they also called the cops accusing me of assaulting them while I was there (never did) I don’t understand. I’m far from a violent person and far from someone who would ever touch drugs. 

What is your question?

maybe you should get a drug test done to prove that youre not using

Just order things from online. Also your parents sound crazy they jump to conclusions over normal reactions. It's common sense that if a person gets tired of being yelled that they're gonna yell back because they're over it that does NOT mean you're on drugs. You're pregnant and neither of your boyfriend's parents are in their right mind so i don't wanna tell you to go over there but you and your man definitely need your own place because one set of parents is unstable and the others are overbearing and stressful. You're seven months pregnant and don't need to be stressed out especially not over them taking their resentment towards his family out you. Please move in with your bf into your own place together as soon as possible. I hope this helps and good luck.

• ?

Instead of driving in bad weather order the stff on Amazon or some other online venue.

As far as all the drama goes, you're going to have to deal with that yourself.

• Foofa

Seems the clear answer to this is for you, your daughter and your boyfriend to move far away from all these parents. 

Not our problem.

Go to CVS or any chemists shop, ask for a home Drug Test.

Use it.

So you shout at them and obviously don't like them very much but you don't mind using them as unpaid babysitters while you drive an hour in the snow to buy cheap goods.  Does the mark-down cover the cost of your time and fuel money?   Stop using them and stop visiting them if you hate them.  If they want to come over and see you and your child they'll have to be civil to your partner won't they.

Perhaps they hate your boyfriend because he got their daughter pregnant and apparently refuses to do the right thing and marry you.  Perhaps they are hurt at you for shacking up with such a loser.  

Since you already have a daughter this doesn't sound like the first time this has happened.   Was that a different baby-daddy that your parent's didn't like or the same one?  

As for the drugs, that's really simple.  Get a drug test.  If it comes up clean you are in the clear.  As for the assault and basically telling you to buy overpriced products.  Let me guess you are still living with them.  Now may be a time to get out on your own with you and your boyfriend.  If you don't live under their roof and are self-sufficient they can't control you. 

• T J

Find a way to get away from them, with luck you and your bf, has some good friends to rely on.