Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 month ago

how can you hold your own and be confident when you live in an area of druggies, criminals, thugs etc?

i'm a male in my 40s who just wants to be confident and hold my own, walk with my head up, unafraid.....but i have a nervous disposition and live an area on a council estate in greater manchester with thugs, criminals, druggies, louts and dangerous types.

i can't move, as im not a priority to be rehoused...and i'm settled here after living here 15 years...no one bothers me, its just i feel intimidated by the people who live around me, who act intimidating.

so how do i hold my own, stand tall and be confident with all that surrounds me? i need your advice.

You don’t. Listen to your instincts. If your instincts are telling you to be afraid then you probably should be. Always listen to your instincts they will help you avoid dangerous situations.

• Barry

Move to private rented accommodation in a safe area. Contact Letting Agents for assistance.

Source(s): Private landlord (UK)