UK or US The Office which do you prefer which do you watch?

Both are really well-written. I've yet to meet anyone from the US who prefers the UK version of vice versa.

I prefer the UK version and am from the US.

• UK. No Contest.  I find the US one painful to watch, a bit like Modern Family not half as clever as it thinks it is, one of those show's that 'you think you are laughing at the characters on screen but really it's making fun of the audience', erm yeah, been done so many times and a lot better.

IMHO, the US Office is MASSIVELY superior to the British version.  The first several episodes are pretty much a direct lift from the UK Office, as is the overall premise and even the core characters.  But it didn't take long for them to take Gervais' ideas and execute them better than he ever did.

The US Office is longer, funnier, and the character interactions between Jim/Pam/Dwight are better than Tim/Dawn/Gareth.  The Jim/Pam love story was better developed and better acted.