My gf constantly puts work over me. What should I do? ?

My gf is an assistant manager at a restaurant. I am too at a different place. We’re long distance right now so we can only communicate over the phone. Since were both busy with work and her with school all the time, we really only get to talk at night and maybe a text or two throughout the day. I get annoyed cause when we’re on the phone, she constantly gets calls from her other manager about the schedule or things at the store and puts me on hold to handle it. I get sometimes she has to take care of things, but there’s a lot of times that it’s something easy that can be resolved with a simple text and doesn’t need a half an hour phone call. She’s admitted to them sometimes getting off track and talking about non work related things. I just get tired of waiting around for her attention. Like they have all day to figure that stuff out. Why do they need to talk about it at 9:00 at night? If she didn’t answer every phone call and allow it to happen, then I wouldn’t be mad, but I feel like she constantly puts work over me. And for a job that doesn’t even appreciate all of the hard work she does anyway. I’m in the same position as her, but I ignore calls at night when I’m talking to her unless it’s an emergency because that’s our time. She doesn’t seem to get why it upsets me and she’ll apologize to avoid an argument, then continue doing it the next day. Idk what to do. I don’t feel like I’m being unreasonable for wanting like an hour uninterrupted with my gf. 

• T J

Say good bye to her.

• Strand

You told her how this makes you feel, she has shown you that she isn't going to fix the problem. Worse, she lies to you and hopes you will just give up and get over it. If you need more time and attention, then you need to move on and find someone who is ready to make you a priority.

Long distance relationships suck man.  Just wait until you do see each other in person, you'll feel like strangers.  I certainly will never do that again.