Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

Is this Times of London article to be believed, about the future of our monarchy ?

Update:

The article is dated 2 March 2020

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Clo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This story was reported on other news websites, otherwise, you have to pay to read The Times. It says nothing new. Camilla hasn't changed her mind about her future title or doesn't want to look ahead into the future, preferring to concentrate on her role, now.

We already know that Camilla chose to be called Princess Consort and now uses Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay instead of Princess of Wales as a way to honor the memory of the late Diana, Princess of Wales, and to placate her most ardent, and vengeful fans .People who paid attention to the full story understand that royal historians say that the UK doesn't have the title of Princess Consort and that the wife of the King traditionally becomes the non-reigning Queen Consort. So, we will just have to wait and see what Camilla's title will be.

• The article, most of which is behind a paywall, seems to refer to reports in another paper that Princess Camilla wants to style herself as queen when Charles is king, but that this story is being denied by the Palace. 

I believe that it has always been the expectation that Camilla would become queen, but that the public needs to be gradually prepared for the idea by successive steps towards it. Hence, the intention to be a princess consort and when the time comes, it will be discovered that she has already become queen so it will be too late to create this new title. 

Just wait and watch. 

• 1 month ago

I think, regardless of the fact that IF Charles comes to the Throne (outlives the Queen), his wife Camilla will technically become Queen Consort, however it's decided she should be called.   I think 'Princess Consort' is really rather stupid.  And perhaps incorrect as once Charles becomes King, he won't be a Prince, so she won't be a Princess anything?

We still have to wait and see.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A Murdoch paper? Probably not. But it is the epitome of a no-news story.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.