What mental illness does this person have?

I was recently in a situation where I apologized to someone cause they accused me of stealing their money now I knew that I didn't steal their money but I said to myself "it's my fault 'cause I did make a lot of noise using the phone so it's I fault cause I provoked them to lie" and my best friend maggie told me "that is not your fault because if they lied on you cause you provoked them to they should have never been provoked to lying for the get-go" so I want to know what type of mental illness is it when someone lies on you cause they felt provoked to lying what mental diagnosis would they have

If YOU apologised for stealing money when you hadn't stolen it, the person with the mental illness is YOU.

Does it really matter?

they might be paranoid

• g

No one in their right mind would diagnose another on a one-off situation such as you describe. There are two sides and any number of underlying causes of any such behavior, not necessarily a mental illness at all.

NO legitimate therapist will diagnose YOU from this post. YOU are the party to this story with a mental illness.

your question made no sense in some parts but i'd either paranoia, schizophrenia or some type of psychosis

Source(s): psychology and sociology student