Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

What’s wrong with the name Beatrice?

Is it or ugly or too old?

Favorite Answer

I think it's too ugly and too old. Plus Bea is an ugly nickname. While we all like different names (that's part of what makes life interesting), I'm glad my parents didn't name me Mildred, Eunice,

Gertrude, Agatha or Beatrice.

Nothing is wrong with the name 'Beatrice/Beatrix'.  However, it is an old fashioned name.  The Dutch have recently had a 'Queen Beatrix'.  Befre her were Queen Juliana, and before her  Queen Wilhelmina. 

My mother was also named 'Mildred'.  Nothing wrong with that either!!!! 

It just that they are old fashioned names. 

There's nothing wrong with it. It's not used as much as it once was, but it's not too old.

It is a pretty name in  my opinion.  It has certainly been in use for a long time. in several parts of Europe.

Too old for me!

It sounds like the name of my grandma's dead hamster

Nothings wrong with it, its my sisters name!

It's regal, has a lovely meaning ('she who brings happiness'), a pretty sound, and you get the spunky nickname 'Bea'. 

The only problem with it is that people mispronounce it all the time, my sister often gets: 'bee-tris', but its actually more like 'beer-tris' (with the more british english pronunciation of beer)