Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 month ago

Unexplained bleeding from leg?

So my uncle's lower leg (by the calf area) just seemingly exploded with blood. We've covered up the bleeding with bandages and it seems to have stopped, at least. My father says it could be a possible vericose vein rupture, in which case I'm imploring them to go to the hospital, but they are adamantly against it because of the bills. Is it possible there's another cause to this? Or should he go to the hospital immediately?

For context: my uncle is a 57-year old obese drinker/smoker, with high blood pressure.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • semsem
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Execuse me , it is not a varicose , all data about your beloved uncle you mentioned about his age and BP , smoking , Alcohol drinking i think altogether seem to me risk factor for introductory venous alarm which may be resulting in VTE or DVT and about the bleeding you talked about may be from a sharp object he has exposed to .

what about your coming 24 HRs plan you have to take your beloved uncle to nearest prepared hospital to do lab tests and CT scans to rule out this harmful disease . then we can prepare another plan for maintenance . 

you can write me down your pathway to guide you . ( clinical pharmacist )

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

yes, definitely go to the hospital. I agree with the other users and your father of a possible varicose vein rupture. 

• 1 month ago

yes a ruptured varicose vein is a good possibility. If the bleeding has stopped he can be seen tomorrow at an urgent care for example, or even his doctor if it doesnt restart. Keep a pressure dressing on with a wrap for now

• 1 month ago

i would go to the hospital about it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The hospital bills might be rough, but if this sort of thing is neglected it could result in long term consequences possibly even death.

• 1 month ago

Yep. Direct ALL medical emergencies to yahoo answers!!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i mean... WHY is Yahoo Answers a place you would come to with this question?

stop wasting time and seek medical attention immediately

• 1 month ago

Yeah, he needs to go to hospital.  Now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.