Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 month ago

Unexplained bleeding from leg?

So my uncle's lower leg (by the calf area) just seemingly exploded with blood. We've covered up the bleeding with bandages and it seems to have stopped, at least. My father says it could be a possible vericose vein rupture, in which case I'm imploring them to go to the hospital, but they are adamantly against it because of the bills. Is it possible there's another cause to this? Or should he go to the hospital immediately?

For context: my uncle is a 57-year old obese drinker/smoker, with high blood pressure.

• semsem

Execuse me , it is not a varicose , all data about your beloved uncle you mentioned about his age and BP , smoking , Alcohol drinking i think altogether seem to me risk factor for introductory venous alarm which may be resulting in VTE or DVT and about the bleeding you talked about may be from a sharp object he has exposed to .

what about your coming 24 HRs plan you have to take your beloved uncle to nearest prepared hospital to do lab tests and CT scans to rule out this harmful disease . then we can prepare another plan for maintenance . 

you can write me down your pathway to guide you . ( clinical pharmacist )

yes, definitely go to the hospital. I agree with the other users and your father of a possible varicose vein rupture. 

yes a ruptured varicose vein is a good possibility. If the bleeding has stopped he can be seen tomorrow at an urgent care for example, or even his doctor if it doesnt restart. Keep a pressure dressing on with a wrap for now

i would go to the hospital about it

• David

The hospital bills might be rough, but if this sort of thing is neglected it could result in long term consequences possibly even death.

Yep. Direct ALL medical emergencies to yahoo answers!!

i mean... WHY is Yahoo Answers a place you would come to with this question?

stop wasting time and seek medical attention immediately

Yeah, he needs to go to hospital.  Now.