Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceAnthropology · 1 month ago

Are human primates or " great apes" yes. no are a great ape ?

Having been called all of that and more over the years, I guess I am all that is said about me and more.  Oh well.  Not only am I a primate but also an ape.  Not a great one.  But one anyways.  I can live with that.  At least I finally made it to the animal world.  Most of the time I am more like a quirky quark hoping to bond someday.  You know, an element lost in a sea of foaming plasma. 

Our species truly fit’s under both the listed category zx

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

Great apes are primates. Primates is an Order, Apes is a family.

Humans are classified as primates by all people who are not ignorant or moronic. OTOH, only crazy cladists classify humans as apes because their religious leader Willi Hennig tells them they have to do it. Since cladists are religious, they blindly follow the lead of their religious leader to show that they are faithful to their cladistic religion. The first commandment of the cladistic religion says, "Thou shalt not tolerate paraphyletic taxa." Non cladists call this commandment the Principle of Holophyly.  People who are not cladists do not obey this nonsensical and highly destructive commandment.

Because the family Pongidae is paraphyletic because it does not include all the descendants of a common ancestor, the cladistic religion does not allow it to exist.The first commandment of the cladistic religion therefore forces the crazy cladists to disqualify the paraphyletic ape family Pongidae and they instead lump all humans and apes into the same family. They chose to call this family of apes and humans Hominidae. In contrast, people who are not crazy or religioius exclude apes from the family Hominidae and put apes in the family Pongidae instead. The family Pongidae chaps the hides of the crazy cladists because it violates the first commandment of the cladistic religion.

i think theyre primates

Great Apes are primates.

Humans are both.

Yes