Tonimaria asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Can a person who suffers from depression go to hell for committing suicide?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

not depression kill, sadness kills

• 1 month ago

The only people who go to hell are those who don't receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior before they die.  Unfortunately, that is almost everybody.  Please read the New Testament for more information.  Start with the Gospel of John.  Don't delay.  Time is short. 

• Chanel
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

None of us know that for sure and it is a shame that people's mood can get so low that they want to die.

Different religions have different opinions about suicide.

But it is taking your life before God decides. That is all I can say.

• 1 month ago

If there is a spirit world at all, it does depend on how the rules in such work now; doesn't it? One understands how such taught led to the Christian thoughts your having now; apparently? People are going to tell you that suicide is a permeant solution to a smaller then you think occurrence?

Who knows, but why not think that your a drama-whore that's seeking attention. One's going to think the worst of you and this isn't the place to find help. Just walking the edge here myself.

So, to answer you question. Who knows honestly. It's a gamble and the thing is. Will such ever be worth the pain your going to experience with suicide?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'm hoping someone commits suicide..

• 1 month ago

Different religion different thoughts and belief. 

• Alfred
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

well, I think that the single most important issue is:what can timely and efectively be done to keep  that person safe and proof from commiting suicide - and helping her/ him to overcome depression - from the medical and human standpoint-in the first place...

additional questions are  to be asked in real life.

and whoever  is it about may urgently need the professional help of a psychiatrist-in real life, in your area,someone skilled in treating people of the relevant age, with no further delay...yes

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In your lore, they will.   No ifs, ands or buts.  The church actually made suicide a sin about 300 years A.D. when too many followers were killing themselves so they could shed this ****-show and meet up with Jesus. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

how are we supposed to know? you are asking the living....

• GA41
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is no salvation apart from Jesus Christ.  There is a commandment against murder.  Suicide is self murder.  It is also deliberate sin.  I consider that you would be risking hell, I would not presume on the mercy of Christ.

Survival is our strongest instinct.  You should consider that it is a dark spirit compelling you to commit suicide.  Philippians chapter 4 has the recipe for combating depression.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.