Blue light in car?

I have a 2012 Toyota Camry with an unknown button on the left of my steering wheel. It turns blue if I press for about 10 seconds that’s only if the car is still on and will stay on when I turn the car off. Someone suggested it was a security system but I tried testing it but Turing it on, locking the car, and try opening the door; nothing. It really bothers me not knowing what it’s for!

I am DYING reading these answers!!! I’ve tried searching it up for months ever since I noticed it. This question is more for people who know about cars because some of you aren’t so bright :) For those of you who couldn’t tell, this an after market product meaning the Toyota factory didn’t install this themselves therefore the owners manual wouldn’t be very helpful. I can also assure you it’s not for Bluetooth sharing, the first thing that pops on a google search isn’t always an answer.

• kswck2

This is what Owners Manuals are for. 

It's a human present warning light.

• car253

Could be a phony security light.    Trace the wiring back to its souce.

Have a nice car check- up. 

• ?

Definitely aftermarket. Something to consider, the previous owner could of had it do a function that is no longer in the car. Could of been a switch for a subwoofer or something aftermarket they took out of car before being sold. 

• David

I had a Suzuki with a similar button, not marked.  But it was in the center console.  It would light up red if you pressed it.  It was originally for some very powerful fog lights.  But the fog lights got hit/smashed by rocks kicked up by other cars, so the fog lights didn't work anymore.

Every once in a while, I would have a new passenger in my car.  Without fail, I would always get asked, "What is that switch for?".  I would respond, "THAT is the passenger EJECT button".  And then I'd hit it, so it would light up red.  When nothing else happened, I would sigh and say..."I keep meaning to have that fixed..."

• garry

its an after market part indicator , none standard camry part . see an electrician to see what its connected too .

• Phil M

Since this is an after market installed item, there is no way anyone on here can tell you what it is. You're going to have to get down on the floorboards and trace the wires from the switch to see what they go to.

Try reading the owners' manual.

If that trivial bit of info has had you stumped "for months" - you should not be operating a vehicle on public streets.