Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 weeks ago

How long should we wait to announce our pregnancy?

My husband and I just found out we are expecting our first child Thursday. I have an appointment with my OBGYN Tuesday to confirm everything. How long do you typically wait to tell friends, family, social media etc? Should we tell our parents yet? I’m so excited we’ve been trying for almost 3 years!

Favorite Answer

When you announce this is completely YOUR CHOICE.

Some couples wait until the end of the first trimester since the early part of pregnancy has the highest risk for miscarriage.  

Other couples announce the pregnancy as soon as a doctor has confirmed that their home test was accurate.

You can also share the news with close family first and then wait a while to share on any social media that you use.  Just be sure the close family knows that you aren't making any public announcements yet.

Good luck and congrats.  

• Aruba

Why would you need to boast on social media about being pregnant, how many woman gets pregnant? You're not the only one, trust me I just had my 5th baby 1 week ago, I kept that from SM as that can put you and your baby at risk with sickos out there!