Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

Are there any traditions that end with you?

family traditions 

As a male who didn't have any kids, the last name stops w/ me.

• Frank

I hope not but I know very many people who have thrown out the tradition of saying please and thank you.  So many times I hand a child a gift and they just try to snatch it from my hand and run away - no word of thanks or appreciation at all.   I decided to hang on to the gifts until I hear that term 'thank you'. The first time I did that the child was livid; trying to pull hard to get it and run off with no comment but I held on tight.  Eventually that child looked at me very angrily and said "oy!  let go of it".  I held on until the child's brother whispered "Say Thank you." I then heard what I wanted to hear and let go of it.  I've had no problem with that child since and I believe that word got around that I don't accept rudeness from children (or adults either). I think it's incredibly sad that children are not taught good manners - it will lose them friends and jobs if they don't change.

• kswck2

Yes. Having a massive Thanksgiving dinner, decorating for X-Mas, decorating for Halloween-and Halloween parties, New Years Ever parties-tired of Amateur Hour. Going to Church-because You Are Supposed To. 

My dad carved a pumpkin every Halloween for my sister and I and when I married and had two girls, I did the same and also with with both grand daughters. But it seems that no one will keep the tradition going after me.

Yeah Just New Years Eve parites.

I don't really know.  I don't know what my daughter will continue.  My son is not big on family traditions.

Yes indeed. My family has traditionally and perpetually voted Republican since immigrating to this country 3 generations ago. That tradition ended with me, thanks to Donald.

big wedding hall wedding.

like in a marriot. lots of guests, long event. tons of arrangements.food, and dj

also im  a moron. That why need do simple Things and necessary repair.

Can repair things.  but the first option can never happen