Why do people have higher standards for me than the President of the United States?

One time I overslept and got to work late, so my boss told me I was fired because that's not acceptable. Meanwhile, the President of the United States let over 200,000 people die because he was way too late in getting a pandemic response team ready when COVID-19 came, and now everyone is locked in their homes with nothing to do. Despite this, a lot of people are like "Yeah, this guy deserves another four more years." I worked as a pizza maker and got fired for being late; the President of the United States allows 200,000 people to die because he sat on his fat *** and didn't do his job. But we're still thinking about re-hiring him. Can anyone please explain to me why this is happening? I'd also really like to hear from those of you who think the sitting president deserves to be re-elected.

The President was told to expect 2,000,000 deaths this year back in March when this COVID was spreading rapidly and he's worked hard to keep us well under that figure. As for you, when you were late for work, someone either had to work overtime, or production was reduced due to your irresponsibility. Don't compare your inefficiency to someone who works hard for uss.

Save your bs for your friends.

You should not worry about what standards other people have for you.. you keep a high standard for yourself.  That's who counts!

Join the army or if you have been a soldier you should, by now, know rank has its privilege. All competition for jobs as with the computer things as small as a nanosecond can be counted and added up. Actually moving a piece of gum wrapper on the sidewalk means something and it can be taking away from someone too. It is my opinion gum on the sidewalk was blamed on the Cubs when Wrigley was more responsible and that was the curse on the Cubs. You notice gum is not as popular as it was the last 100 or so years.

• garry

he is incharge of 330 million people , 200,000  is chicken feed , worry when you exceed 30  milion dead . you worry bout them dieing but you dont worry about the car accidents of shootings .

What does one thing have to do with the other?  You were late for work, that wasn't acceptable and you were fired.  You were hired to your job, the President of the United States is elected.  Some things the President does are unacceptable, however he can't be fired, it takes a complicated process to get rid of a President.  Don't forget, they did try to impeach Trump but they failed to remove Trump from office.  What it's now come down to is we have a choice between Trump and Biden.  Biden has be caught in lies and there's a good chance if elected he will shortly after be found incompetent to hold office.  Do you really think Biden will be such a wonderful president he will fix everything wrong with the country?   The job of a Pizza Maker gets 100's of applications and is easily replaceable.  Your boss just runs another ad and hires a replacement, you were held to higher standards because you were easily replaced. 

It is a free country. Not a Prison Country. It is OK for you to hate Trump, but remember. As much of a jerk as he seems, he wants you to be able to go everywhere you want and do whatever you want without some idiot telling you to get in your cage!

You are accepting BOLD FACED LIES about what it is even possible ANY President could theoretically do about ANY illness. The President was actually accused of racism for trying to do much of what YOU are condemning him for not doing a full 2 months before anyone claiming he didn't do enough admitted anything should be done.

• fcas80

I agree that this country just lets trump get away with lies, broken promises, insults, and more.  But his day of reckoning is fast approachng.

Unfortunately you have just one boss, not 330 million, and if you displease your one boss he can fire you without needing an election.

There’s just one problem. You have a boss. Trump doesn’t have a boss.