What will the Republican look like after Trump is their leader?

The likelier scenario is Trump will not win in 2020. If he were to do that, it'd effectively prove his politics work, and Republicans as well as Democrats would field Reality TV millionaire candidates all the time (frightening).

Update:

Republican party.

Update 2:

What direction will the party take (a) If Dems win (b) if Dems win? Or the other order it you prefer.

Update 3:

If Dems win or if Republicans win. I'm sorry.

Update 4:

Lili: I think Mitt Romney is smart, but he has many weaknesses\shortcomings. Mitt flip-flops a lot, and his Romneycare was a real failure. He's also come across as fairly out-of-touch.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I expect it'll be like the end of the Bush presidency.  Republicans will decide the guy who left such a miserable mess wasn't "a real republican" and didn't exhibit "republican fiscal responsibility."  A group of them will invent a goofy name for themselves like "lemonade party" and pretend to be unaffiliated with the party of Trump.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't think even they know the answer to that question. They're thinking now about the ways they are going to have to retool and reposition in a post-Trump world.

If I had to guess, I'd say that they will run Mitt Romney against whoever the Democrat is going to be in 2024. If they'd been smart, they would have dumped Donnie (let him run as an independent) and nominated Romney this time around.  He's a REAL successful businessman, and he's racked up some integrity points with both Republicans and Democrats.  His Mormonism isn't the liability it would have been some years ago.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

WINNERS !!!!!   ..................................

TRUMP 2020 !! ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.