Ben
Ben asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

It can often be unpleasant to pay loads of money for medical bills, right?

Only when you have to pay them.  I live in Canada, and have never had a hospital bill.

Maybe I'm weird, but my attitude is that paying a lot of money to settle ANY bill is unpleasant. Of course, it may have been quite fun or rewarding to rack up that bill, but that doesn't make paying it any less unpleasant. If people could own homes and cars, obtain degrees, take vacations, and accrue possessions without having to go into debt doing it, they sure as hell would. 

I wouldn't know.......we have that  "dreaded"  socialized medicine in Italy. 

I recently hurt myself, and took myself to the emergency room,  was seen by a doctor....who sent me for an Xray, and then diagnosed that Xray . 

What would that have cost in the USA? The bill would have been in the HUNDREDS,   at least.   I paid a whopping $52. and change......for paperwork processing fees. 

It can often be unpleasant to find off topic questions in this section, right?