with ebikes does more torque mean you waste less energy reaching the desired speed?

because the motor draws the max current until it reaches the desired speed?

• D50

You'll reach top speed faster, but you'll waste as much energy as ever. My suggestion is to use your own energy and stay fit by riding a real bike, not an electrified one.

• David

You don’t get that torque for free. 

It comes from the motor pulling more amps, making more power. Power x time = energy. 

Spending more power to shorten time doesn’t change the energy usage.

Your e-bike does 65 mph.  You don't.  When you start adding electric assist motors and/or internal combustion engines it ceases to be a 'bicycle'.  "A vehicle consisting of a light frame mounted on two typically wire-spoked wheels one behind the other and usually having a seat, handlebars for steering, brakes, and two pedals by which it is driven."  https://www.thefreedictionary.com/bicycle

Bicycles are solely powered by human energy.  Yours is not.  Therefore, disqualifies this as being a 'cycling' question.  

• @?, my ebike does 65mph

@Raleigh, it's a tax free, license free 65mph vehicle and costs 13 cents to go 50 miles

I'm also a mountain biker I bike 40 mile rides after a lot of coffee.

Where do you find these meme's did you download a pack lol.

@D20 I think a 35 N.m. torque motor spends max current for around 17 seconds to go from 0-55mph and uses max current to reach that speed before lowering and a 230 N.m. motor takes 5 seconds. So I'd say you're saving dramatically especially if you ride in the city stopping and starting a lot.

E-bikes are for wimps.  Sigh...roll eyes. 🙄