I read that dogs licking their lips is a sign of nervousness,but I usually see them doing it after meals?

Dogs dont have lips

• "I read that dogs licking their lips is a sign of nervousness,but I usually see them doing it after meals"

You've been in Y!A long enough that you should KNOW that:

1: Not everything you read is TRUE.

2: The first field in Y!A is supposed to end with your main question - but there is NO question in your ONLY field. EVERY WORD there TELLS us something.

So although you cannot CORRECT a question once you've [Submit]ted it, you've had TWO DAYS in which to add the actual QUESTION.

Whether any of the previous posts actually ANSWER your missing QUESTION remains to be seen - some are so bad that no way are they an attempt to ANSWER whatever you thought you were asking.

I don't know anyone whose surname has both an Irish section and a German section. Do YOU? Yet you've used both languages in your username.

Perhaps I should use a Chinese name - Wei Ting ?

Kreaky Kiwi - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

• Funnel

Sometimes you just doodle because you want to.

• Sean

I'm not sure but it's cute as all get up and go isn't it?

• ?

That happens for verious reasons and in various circumstances.   After a meal being just one fgs.

I presume you're joking here !!!..

As of course you are right about both things and they are clearly different reasons why a dog would lick their lips.

hahahaha Mrs. H.   good one. 

• Mrs H

Well I know from experience they do it after stealing your ice cream cone 

Dogs lick for many reasons, including to show affection and to bond.

• Maxi

There are some possible causes for lip licking in dogs,  behavioural and medical causes.

Dogs may lick their lips when they feel dry, a bug hits their lip or face, or something is stuck near their lip, such as a piece of food or a blade of grass. Another normal cause for lip licking is anticipation of food. A normal physiologic response to food is for the salivary glands to start flowing in anticipation of a snack.Some dogs will lick the, ir lips when they are confused or maybe even a little frustrated. For example, if a dog is being trained, he or she may lick their lips when they are baffled about the process and unsure about what is expected of them or an “appeasement gesture” that acts as a calming signal. , OR Dehydration, dental issues, a foreign body, Dogs with nausea will often hypersalivate, which results in them licking their lips excessively, oral ulcerations, because of seizures or trauma even an unpleast taste.......... so there are lots of potential reasons

(c/p)  It is often a stressed and fearful dog who is exhibiting licking behavior and these behaviors have become so ritualized that an anxious dog may lick even when there is no dog or person close enough to be licked. It may lick its own lips, much like stressed humans may bite their lip.Jun 28, 2018

What Is the Meaning of Lip Licking or Air Licking in Dogs ...www.psychologytoday.com › blog › canine-corner › wha..

https://www.google.com/search?q=dogs+licking+their...