Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

The locksmith charged $75 for opening my car door?

All he did was pick up the key I dropped outside

• Favorite Answer

they  charge  so  much  'cause  the  public  agrees  to  pay  that  price.  the  locksmith  probably  depends  on  a  service-provider  to  give  him  leads.  the  service-provider  will  acquire  a  certain  percentage  of  that  $75 .

also … you'd  be  smart  to  keep  car-key  and  house-key  on  separate  key-rings.  take  your  car  in  to  check  brakes  or  change  oil … the  house-key  can  be  easily  duplicated.  likewise,  if  you  lose  your  car-key … the  person  finding  the  key  could  access  your  house.  if  you  were  to  re-key  your  house … much  more  expensive  than  the  paltry  $75  you  paid.  and  then  the  scam  begins.

• You wasted his time. 

Sounds fair to me.

Locksmithing is not charity.  You paid for your mistake.  Life is like that.  

That's pretty much the going rate. 

He charged you for his time.Might sound bad but it is the way life works sometimes