If a service member chooses to go overseas unaccompanied and receive OHA, will they still receive BAH for their family back in the states?

4 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    The military does not play that game.   You get paid for whatever the situation is.   It's not a casino,   you don't roll dice and try to beat the system. 

  • 1 month ago

    depends on why they are being paid OHA

  • 1 month ago

    You only get ONE housing allowance at a time.

  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Nope.  If dependents are authorized, you cannot double dip.  Nor can you reside in barracks and receive BAH if the orders state dependents are authorized.

    The only time this changes is if the dependents fail their overseas screening.  Then you can get an ORDMOD to reflect that fact.  Just don’t count on the length changing.  You still have to do the full 24-36 months in most cases.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.