Use of animals in testing cosmetic, cleaners, fabric dyes, etc. a necessary evil. Please read?

Hi!

In the past I too was like many other people, animal testing should only be reserved for life and death medical research. However, the field of chemistry and products (ie. cleaners, new food additives, fuel derivatives, etc.) put on the market is increasing by the day. When a new compound is developed, you don’t initially know what it’s acute and chronic health effects would be. Here is a scenario, you have a toddler, you accidently leave a bottle of a new cleaner, etc open and you have to run to the bathroom, grab the phone, too your car, etc. and inadvertently leave the open bottle on the counter-top. The toddler, needless to say, doesn't know any better and consumes it. You take him to the hospital, they have no idea what the product does because it wasn't tested on animals and the child dies, or a child splashes the product in their eyes, etc. Are animal lives really worth more than the life of a human being? I believe a healthy degree of "speciesism" is vital for the normal functioning of our society. I see it like this, it could be the rat and the rabbit or your child. What are your opinions?

I don't see anyone from PETA volunteering to be a test subject.

• Kieth

Experimentation on animals is bad, experimentation on people is bad. Some people would cry if you hanged them with a new rope.

Test it on the covidiots instead. They seem to think they’re immune to disease anyway.