What photo's are allowed?

Someone asked a question earlier, asking if this person was attractive.

I replied, and was awarded best answer, but the question got removed and my best answer taken away.

However the photo was of a 60 or 70 year old woman that was dressed like a 20 year old chav, and fully clothed may i add.

The person was also clearly a model, so was not like it has been pinched from facebook.

I personally did not see any real violation.

I however reported by complete accident a person with a photo in their question.

I actually did not mean to, i pressed the report function by error, and honestly, i actually clicked on report, whilst trying to click on back.

The question actually got removed and i felt pretty bad.

So i am just wondering what photo's are allowed, and what are not?

Also what constitutes a violation? Is it simply anything that is reported? even if by accident? It would be good to know, in order to prevent people wasting time on asking questions, or searching for photo's or pictures that will simply get reported and removed

Favorite Answer

Almost no pictures in the "your fave", "is she pretty", "am I model material", etc are allowed. Anything just asking for an opinion is not allowed. You can ask factual questions, but it is best not to use a person in the picture. You usually do not have permission to use the picture or we do not know if it is you or someone else, or if you are using it to insult/bully someone. For example, if you want to know the name of a hat, take a picture of the hat, not you wearing it, or give a web link to another website where it is being shown. As to you losing the BA, unless your answer was also reported, you didn't lose it.

• Zirp

the photo itself isn't the problem.

Yahoo!answers is not competing against "hotornot.com". All questions about how attractive someone is are off-limits here.

> what constitutes a violation?

that is explained in the community-guidelines. You can click on them in the lower right corner

• Daniel

Rate me Questions are Violations of the Yahoo Answers Community Guidelines for Chat Even if there Question is Wrong your also in the Wrong for Answering a Question that is against the Rules 2 Wrongs dont make a Right 

You were actually not wrong for Reporting it 

As far as what Photos are Allowed your Allowed to Upload a Photo if its something that Relates to the Question thats being Asked that is not against the Rules