When you were a kid going trick or treating, were you affected by the night Halloween fell on?

(today's kids seem to have a problem trick or treating on school nights)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • donnie
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Well it’s Saturday so unless kids are going to school on Sunday (maybe church Sunday school but that’s different) I don’t see a problem. I say usually most trick or treaters are out from early evening to about nine o clock. Now sometimes there are some stragglers who are out well past ten o clock but thags usually few and far in between. Most of the kids are already done here 

• T-half
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

YES

My next door neighbor gave my sister and I a full size candy bar.  Then she turned off her lights.

Homework was done by 4:30.

Dinner at 5 pm.  Got dressed in our costumes. Walked around two full blocks, sometimes three.

Went home, got ready for bed. In bed by 8 or 9 (depending on our age).

If it was on the weekend, we got to go to my grandparents house for more goodies. 

In contrast, I wouldn't even leave work until 5 pm. Drive an hour and pick up my son at daycare or the afterschool program. 

My son would pass out treats while I made dinner.  Then we'd turn out the lights while we went out trick or treating. 

Bed was after 9 pm.

My mom was a stay at home mom.  She was there when school got out.  I worked long hours with usually a long commute all my son's life. 

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When I was a kid, there was no such thing as Trick-or-Treat.  It's a fairly recent idea.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.