Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

What rebuke mean in the Bible?

Question can I rebuke bad thoughts in say I rebuke them. I was always wondering in Bible what rebuke mean and can I use it for that purpose.

Favorite Answer

A rebuke is a firm criticism for behaving in a wrong or evil manner. Usually a rebuke would be to a person or to some other being capable of understanding (eg Jude 1:9 refers to Satan being rebuked). There also are a few occasions in the Bible where God rebukes the forces of nature (eg Mark 4:39) - I presume in those cases the rebuke was meaningful not because nature understood the rebuke, but because God's word is uniquely powerful to change His creation.

You can't rebuke a thought, because a thought cannot hear and understand what you are saying. But if you had deliberately indulged in a bad thought, you could rebuke yourself for doing so.

What bad grammar "mean"?   "Mean" get an English tutor.

Often rebuke means correct.

• "Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to (((JUDGE))) thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to (((JUDGE))) this thy so great a people?" (I Kings 3:9)!

"THIS WITNESS IS TRUE:  Wherefore (((REBUKE THEM SHARPLY,)))  that they may be sound in (((THE FAITH;))) 

A "Spiritual gift" received (I Corinthians 12:9) that is "AFTERWARDS REVEALED" (Galatians 3:23) that is to say (((AFTER))) Holy Spirit baptism (I Corinthians 12:13)!

re·buke

/rəˈbyo͞ok/

verb

To express sharp disapproval or criticism of (someone) because of their behavior or actions.