?
? asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Better eighties classic, E.T or Back to the Future?

I love both but prefer E.T which I saw at the cinema seven times and E.T made twice as much money as Back to the Future which proves its superiority.

• Laredo
    Favorite Answer

All of them are great films, but my vote for number one would go to E.T.  I just loved that film!

Back To The Future

back to the future

I liked ET better.

Back to the Future        

Better in a cinematic sense?  Probably E.T.  But which would I rather rewatch?  Back to the Future, hands down.  

It's two movies for two different target audiences, therefore not easy for me to choose. E.T. was more kids/family oriented while BTTF was for teenagers. I like them both, and although I love nostalgia movies, my go to option is Back to the Future.

• Goerge

Hm, really? The Shawshank Redemption tanked at the theaters but eventually turned into classic that is universally known. While some may call it over-rated, and that is their right, I am simply saying that the initial numbers at the theaters only show what is trendy and not which is time tested and truly GREAT. Battles vs War.

OMG, I ugly cried worse than a baby for like an hour after I saw E.T. as a child. Stop crying or no ice cream, I was told. I'm, HICCUP, HICCUP, sob, I'm - hiccup, TRYING!!!!

Those movies don't deserve to be in the same question as they both come from from different genres and are completely different styles of movies, even though the genres are quite similar and E.T. isn't a trilogy. Do you like guitars or unicorns better? WHAT!? 

Answer: E.T.