Is Noah(2014) or The Ten Commandments(1956) a closer reflection of the stories told in the Christian bible?

Or were they both atheistic movies during which Hollywood used their artistic license that didn't use the bible as their guide?

Which was the last mainstream movie that did?

• User

I haven't seen Noah

but from what I've heard it diverges HUGELY from the Bible.

The Ten Commandments (TTC) (all the various versions) also diverges HUGELY from the Bible. In fact: it's based on the novel "Prince of Egypt"...not on the Bible.

TTC does pretty good with the plagues of Egypt and with the parting of the Sea. I.e. with the most important Divine events of the story. It adds whole fiction to characters and character-related dialogue and interactions.

From what I've heard, Noah does the same.

In both cases

what we have is clear intent to fictionalize the Biblical account.

In the case of Noah

as far as I know

a new fictionalized account based very loosely on the Bible.

In the second

based on an existing fictionalized account

which in turn was based very loosely on the Bible.

The Ten Commandments and Noah nonsense is Old Testament horseshit. 

The Christian Bible used this existing written material as props. 

The was nothing new or original in the Roman New Testament.

• Bryce

Most of the stories in the Bible are lies.  The movies you mentioned are based on lies.

I sincerely wish Christians would stop whining about how persecuted they are and how much Hollywood hates them. The reason fundamentalists are hated is not because they are Christians, but because they are stinking fanatics.