Can you have the DMV send your driver's license sent to another address than the one that's on it?

I'll have my home address on my license, but I need it to be sent to another address since my parents open my mail without asking and will end up keeping them without letting me know or throwing it out. 

No. Must be the street address on the license. DLs or DL communication IS NOT FORWARDED. All their mail says "do not forward".

And no, you can't use a PO box either.

No.  You would have to fill out a change of address card for the US Post Office.  Then all of your mail will be forwarded to a new place.

No, you don't want to do that.  You could do it, but it's a bad idea.

An address change at the DMV (or whatever the DMV is called where you live) is just about the easiest procedure they can do.  You fill out a form, wait in line, pay a fee (they do love their forms and fees), and presto... driver's licence updated.  Usually they don't even ask for proof of your new address, and you can change it every week if you want to.  But you don't want to do it.  Here's why...

All your ID and official documents (tax returns, bank info, insurance, employment, etc) should all have the same address on them.  Having a different address on different documents will make it look like you're playing the Address Game, and you don't want anyone to think that.  The Address Game is a favourite technique used by fugitives from justice, organized crime bosses, fraud artists, human traffickers, and international terrorists just to name a few.  And trust me, you don't want to be even mildly suspected of being any of the above.  You want to pursue a different solution, and since you mentioned the DMV, the solution you need is called US federal law.

In the United States, tampering with someone else's mail is a federal offence.  Any type of theft, vandalism or even unlawful opening of someone else's mail is completely against the law, punishable by years in federal prison and / or fines in the hundreds of thousands.  Whether the offender is a friend, family or a total stranger makes no difference in a court of law.  If mail is addressed to you by name and you didn't give someone else permission to open it, they're committing a crime if they mess with your mail in any way.  Do Mom and Dad really want to risk a trip to the Stony Lonesome just to keep your legal documents from you?

Unlikely - the idea is to not make it easy for criminals.

And why - at age 27 - are you worried about your parents opening your mail and seeing your drivers license (with another address) ??????

• May

No.  The license must be sent to YOUR physical address.  The mail carrier must deliver it to an address that he knows you live at.  That type of mail is also NOT Forwardable.

US Postal employee