Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Is it rude to tell my unemployed daughter to stop giving to charity?

She gives about $10-$20 to COVID charities, homeless people and minority groups. I feel kind of like an @ss for wanting to tell her to stop. She has next to nothing, yet she is giving whatever she can to help these people. 

I have to say I really don't understand her reasoning, and I'm not sure if I even have the right to tell her to stop giving to poor people. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

She may feel it is her civic duty to help the less fortunate.  Some people are givers & others are takers, she is a giver.  It is part of her nature.  That is who she is.  She can't help it.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Assuming she's an adult and isn't asking you to make up for the holes in her budget, I'd just stay out it. 

• T J
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

She has a good heart. Sit her down, praise her for wanting to help, but tell her that she is in no position to do that, until she gets a job. Be nice about it.

• 1 month ago

If she's unemployed, where does she get money. Maybe she's just a good person under it all. Maybe she doesn't value money the same way you do. It's ok. It's her life

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

she might need the money herself soon, so yes she should stop

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.