Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How do I accurately present myself to people so that I am perceived as my most genuine self?

I really worry that I struggle with translating my actual self into the self I present to others. I constantly worry that people think I’m weird or awkward and don’t actually know me for who I am and how I would like to be understood as a person. And I also worry this effects how I make friends. How do you be yourself when you have anxiety is basically what I’m asking. If that even makes sense 

The thing is why do you want to do.

Stop worrying about others.

• Ian

Revealing your true self is something that can only be done slowly.  For most of us, we cannot face a group and try to present ourselves to that group as a whole.  No matter how good you are as a person, some people will always choose to dislike you:  Without a single good reason!  Political view is hugely significant; even though being a conservative actually harms a person's soul, if you tell one of them that you don't share their views they really do become very nasty people!  That which unites us is far more important than that which divides us.  However, that which divides us is constantly reinforced by the media and almost impossible to overcome!

SOURCE: A lifetime observing human behaviour.

i would just be yourself