Lv 4
Nat asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

How to take to therapist abt sexual abuse ?

I have a therapist but when we meet I usually talk to them about issues more current or immediate, not my past trauma. I feel like I should. I’m not really over it. I think I used to handle it really poorly with drugs, alc, excessive sex, but now I guess it just makes me sad? Idk. I’m very numb emotionally and feel like I don’t know exactly how it’s impacting me right now. 

I feel like in general I’m kind of angry and cold. I think poorly of others until they prove me wrong. When I was in elementary school I was sexually abused by my cousin, who was also in elementary school. I felt extremely worthless. I got raped later on the first date I had ever been on, then was in a very sexually abusive relationship. I then got almost raped, and then another guy held me down and took the condom off without me wanting it. My parents were unsupportive and my therapist recommended a child abuse therapy group about that in particular. 

1 Answer

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    i would just do it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.