Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Can in-laws legally be in the room with mom giving birth? ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It all depends on what you want.  If you don't want them in there, don't agree to it.  Just you & the daddy should be there when the birth happens.  I don't know about the legality of this but You should have the say as to who is in the room with you.  Just tell the nurses that you just want the daddy in there with you & they will see that they aren't in the room when you give birth.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Under current COVID restrictions where I live that wouldn't be allowed. But under normal circumstances an expectant mother can choose whom she wants to be in delivery with her. Rarely would there be room for the whole family, but (creepy as it is) one supposes if she picked the in-laws they could be there. IMHO opinion this is a very bad idea and it should only be the parents in the delivery room. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

This isn't a "legal" issue. In-laws have no "legal right" to be in the labor and delivery rooms in any jurisdiction. The policy of the hospital and the wishes of the mother have to be followed. Many hospitals allow only one labor coach/observer, and only if they have followed hospital protocols and attended a training class on what to expect and how to behave.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dont think anyone can now thanks to covid

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If it's alright with the mother. It's the mother's decision.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i think its okay ,yes. think its nice.

• T J
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

NO, only the mom to be decides.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.