Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

I don't know why I feel this way, but I would not marry a woman that had more education than me ?

I'm currently in a master's program that's healthcare-related, more specifically a mid-level anesthesia provider.  Starting salaries for my field are around 170k.  I don't know why I care so much but I don't think I could date a female MD.  I'd feel like they were always looking down on me or that I was the lesser person in the relationship. Is it sexist for a man to think he has to be more accomplished than his spouse? 

• Nat

yes it is. 

you kind of sound like a loser, to be honest. 

• Foofa

Turns out many women wouldn't marry a man with less education than themselves. So that should work out in your favor. 

Thank goodness for that.

Why is that more accomplished? It isn't. I've worked with academics, they don't hold a csiocsdas

Well definitely sounds like you mainly have some sort of insecurity issue. It’s sexist if you only feel this way towards women. Do or would you feel this way towards male friends or family? What about female friends or family other than a spouse? Those are some things to think about.

• Piero

I like intelligent well educated women. I have a problem with superficial people. They are at least, less superficial, most of the time. I dated a physician that was the head of her department at a teaching hospital. I understood going in, that her career came first. Marriage was never a consideration. We had a helluva good time for a few years. She got an offer for a much more prestigious post at a more important institution. I dated a dentist that had her own clinics. Again career first. Her business expanded and she relocated. Again it was a wonderful relationship. I've gotten together with her for illicit trysts several times since then. I married a lady with a PHD. She was in management, and always made good money. It made for a worry free, existence, and paved the way for a comfortable early retirement for both of us. I see no downside. Just better company than some dumb blonde, with no money.

Yes, it's sexist. And with all of your education you should know that the correct grammar is "more education than I."

Yes you are a sexist and a very insecure little man with inferiority complex and fragile ego. Can’t handle a hardworking woman?? Stay single then cause you don’t deserve a good woman who helps you with providing. Go after a golddigger instead then who will suck all your money out. You men are ungrateful hypocrites geez!

I do not know if I would label it 'sexist'.  Is it the education or the paycheck that bothers you.?  It does seem that you may be doing yourself a disservice.  Luckily there are many women who are not as well educated or earning as much income.

What do you think the poor female MD would do if she had the same notion as you.?

@Anonymous, don’t play like it isn’t females rejecting males for insecure reasons most of the time. 

@OP, you’re just one of many males who’s secretly afraid of females that give feminists enough ammunition to censor any guy who speaks out against them as being a other insecure guy like you. So thanks. 

At the end of the day, your preference is your preference but I’ll call out sexism as I see it both ways. I find it hypocritical when females incapable of a stable I come reject guys who aren’t financially stable or guys taller than them for their height. All as insecure as each other.