Why do liberals want to pack the courts?

Do they hate the balance of power?

10 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Contrary to the Constitution experts here who claim that the Republicans are packing the Supreme Court, Trump is merely filling a vacancy with a Republican Justice - it's no different than the Democrats would do if they were in power.

These people need to learn what "packing the Supreme Court" means - they obviously haven't a clue. This ignorance shows in the way their comments on this (and so many other issues) are nothing more than mimicking what the Left is teaching them to say.

The more I see people comment in here in support for Biden and the Radical Corrupt, the more I want to take their parents and shake some sense into them. They've obviously done a poor job of educating their children.

"I don't know who needs to hear this but…if you find yourself agreeing with the mainstream media, the millionaire celebrities, and the billionaire tech owners - you aren't part of the 'resistance', you're a programmed sheep." - Candice Owens

• James
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is no “balance” with a conservative majority.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because trump can't even name the three branches of government and he will be a one-term President, it's just not right he gets to pick 3 Supreme Court Justices that will dominate the Supreme Court for decades.

• L.F.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Republican, thy name is HYPOCRITE.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/10/13...

We are a Representational Republic. A democracy. That means, majority rule. McConnell has been COURT PACKING for the last 6 years ramming them through the Senate. He blocked 100+ of Obama's deserved (per the Constitution, remember?) upper and lower court seats. Can you say Merrick Garland? 

Biden's plan is to RESTORE democracy that McConnell STOLE FROM THE PEOPLE. And the word is "Democrats" not "Liberals" the words are not interchangeable and should be used correctly.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Liberals do NOT want to pack the courts. The conservatives are obsessed and desperate to pack the courts. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You mean like the Republicans are doing now just in case they lose control of both houses and the White House in the upcoming election?

I love your name by the way considering that Liberals enjoy facts and Conservatives hate them and would rather fabricate their own than deal with reality.  That is why the US since Trump's election has lost both respect and influence on the international level and countries are working on agreements that ignore the US.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i guess .. i like Cruz's idea to make an ammendment to cement a set number of justices ...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't understand.  Aren't liberals people that don't want government telling them what to do?

• 1 month ago

Balance of power? You mean the conservative majority that will influence policy long after Republicans have lost the numbers needed to win national elections? Yeah, we're 100% against that.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because when they can’t win, they cheat.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.