me asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Who do you most blame for the US leading the world in Covid19 infections and deaths?

Consider the following:

We are number one in Covid infections. We are number one in Covid deaths.  We are also the most divided country with significant number of citizens actively purposely acting in ways that eventually cause the virus to spread, while most citizens are trying to protect themselves and behaving as is recommended to try to keep infections low.  Lastly we have this chasm between public national policy where doctors and experts seem to make recommendations which experts all over the world pretty much agree with, yet political leaders seem to say that experts do not know what they are talking about.

The US has greatly suffered. Our people have suffered with sickness and death, and high unemployed and a bad economy, and lessening of quality of life.  

So, who is most to blame for our dismal record.  Why are we not the best that we could be in defending our country and all of our citizens from this virus....that many other countries have done a better job at protecting their citizens from. We record our daily deaths from Covid these days at something near or about 1000 per day, other pretty large countries with less wealth than ours and less technology and expertise are recording deaths in like 20, 30, 40 per day. 

What gives here? Who or what is the villainous culprit keeping our country from excelling and doing what other countries obviously can?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I blame the virus, because, well, it is the virus.......

• 1 month ago

China and then the science who are informing trump they have changed their mind on things more than a few times.

• Brutus
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

My state (Pennsylvania) has a terrible governor. Last night, Slow Joe said that red states have a COVID increase. Yet another lie. Our governor is a fool. He ruined Pennsylvania’s economy

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Politicians from both Republican and Democrat parties were at fault for treating the pandemic as a political matter. But so are a lot of people that refused to respect science either because of old dogmas and traditions or because they wanted to party and fvck.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ron
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Coronavirus deaths and cases are a lie, have you noticed there is hardly anyone dying from cancers ,disease, heart attacks and the other thousands of issues,  everything has been lumped in to covid19,  does the cdc think we are stupid,  we have caught them several times lying

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because America medical schools and hospitals value diversity over merits in the past 15 - 20 years.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I blame you the most.  For failing to understand the US has the most sophisticated counting system in the world.  For failing to understand that places like China do not have a Free Press, which allows the government to lie about their numbers.  For failing to understand that less than 10,000 people in the US have died from Covid-19 by itself.  And because you are a fear monger.  Have a great day!

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dont think anyone is to blame

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.