JPP
JPP asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 1 month ago

Would this idea provide water that is truly pure?

I was just wondering, when it comes to water purification, I know that there can be heavy metals and certain chemicals/substances that most water filters can’t get rid of (At least not fully), but what if you have water/steam (Like say from a hot shower, or just, whatever) that is collected from a dehumidifier and fed through a hose attachment (As oppose to the bucket), would that not give you water free of chemicals and metals, with the only other things in the water being what it might have caught when in was in the air as mist? With that in mind, would putting water that came from a dehumidifier through a regular water filter give you water that is truly pure?

Thanks Leroy, I finally found the answer I was looking for, and, yeah, especially after continued use that does appear to be the case.

Favorite Answer

Only way is with a water distillery that boils water then captures the evaporated water. Very close to 100% pure.

Water from a dehumidifier is nowhere near pure and may have a range of contaminants.

That is literally distilled water, commonly produced  by the distillation process.

Collecting steam is the purest form of water because very few chemicals have a boiling point of 100/212 C/F so what you’re collecting is pretty much pure water.