Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

how do you respond to someone who admitted they liked you, but you only see them as a friend?

a good friend of mine wrote me a paragraph explaining his feelings for me. i dont know how to answer because i only see him as a friend and i dont want to make him feel bad 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You have to be honest and not lead them on. Most people who are actually good friends who accidentally fall for you will take it in stride and continue the relationship, albeit sometimes with a little embarrassment. But there are people, the so called "nice girls/nice guys", who pretend to be your friend when really they've been trying to date you the whole time. That type usually reacts with insults and in some cases violence. So wrack your brain to figure out what you're dealing with here and if it's the former you'll just have to say your love for them is like that for a sibling and that it would just feel too weird to be romantic with them. If it's the latter you're better off doing it in a voice phone call so you can hang up and block them if you need to. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

just tell them you only see them as a friend

• 1 month ago

Well you have to respond and thank him for his kind thoughts.  Just tell him the truth - that you have never thought of him romantically as you view him as a friend and brother and you are sorry you can't reciprocate but really value him as a good friend.  He may feel he needs space from you for a while....and that you understand if he does.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.