Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Is it more acceptable to never marry ot have kids these days?

About 30 or even 20 years ago, people who were childfree and never married were ridiculed and sometimes were told "you'll change your mind". I guess family was very important back then.

Nowadays, more people (especially men understandably) are choosing the childfree, never-married life. Is society less judgmental about it nowadays?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it is a valid life choice, as valid as any other. And that is coming from a very married woman with now adult kids. We have friends who married and never wanted children. We have friends who never married and had children. Have a friend who never married or had children. As long as they were happy with their choices, we were happy for them. 

There will still be people who make judgements (valid or not) on others life choices. Your choice is to ignore them. 

• 1 month ago

NEVER MARRIED and never will be.............

• 1 month ago

Perhaps you ought to ask this question in Society and Culture, since you aren't seeking advice. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What's exactly is your point, as your Q appears to be too vague?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes - society has realized a person's worth is not measured by marital status nor breeding ability.

• T J
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Today, anything goes. I have not heard a word about a older single, never married man, in many years.

• Hayley
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I would say it is more acceptable but it depends on where you are.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It really depends where you live and what your family thinks. In general, no one cares. Though it's probably more common in more urban areas as the cost of living is higher and commutes might be longer so there would overall be less time to devote to child rearing. I think it's more strange to choose to be child free and still get married. It is rarely beneficial tax-wise to have two high-earners with no child deduction. The only other benefit is if one person has great healthcare. Hopefully that will be fixed by Uncle Sam as soon as the cruel demon in office now leaves office as he lines his own pockets and that of his spawn and makes fake social issues to divide us. They want you to force you to have babies while they attempt to deny birth control but they just don't want you to have healthcare that they've had 10 years to create or the means to feed your kid on their 1972 based $7.50/hour minimum wage. No one should be bringing babies into the world that they don't want, can't afford or don't have time for. You don't want kids, good for you. Don't have them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.