Are college students adults?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If they're over 18, they are legally adults

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That depends on their age. If this person is a child prodigy and attends college at the age of 12, then this person clearly isn't an adult. To be an adult, people must reach the age of 18 or above. 

• Who
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

it depends what you mean by "adult"

in age they may well be legally regarded as "adult" - but in maturity it takes more than age to become "adult"

I have known 16 year olds that are far more mature than some 25 year olds

No way is repeatedly spending a lot of money getting drunk and then vomiting a sign of maturity even at age 25

a

• 1 month ago

i and my children were still under 18 years of age

at the time of entry.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • df
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

They are supposed to be 

• 1 month ago

Legal age to be an "adult" vs minor child is 18. If you are 18, you're an adult, so almost all college students are legal adults.

• 1 month ago

Depends. I know someone who was 15 years old when he started college at Stanford in 3005 but turned 16 years old in less than a month. Legally, hewas not an adult. His mother who was emancipated when she was 14 years old was legally an adult except when it came to driver's permits and licenses. I was in the high school class of 1971. We technically be came adults at 28 years old. I was legally an adult when I started college. My best friend technically was not because she is?a year younger than I am.. Emotionally she was far more of adult than I was. 

• John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Your question is not fully clear.  If you are asking about being a legal adult, the answer is generally yes.  That is because 18 is generally the legal age of majority.  Traditionally, college students are 18 or over.  Due to dual credit programs, however, nowadays many high schoolers are attending college.  I'm sure a number of them are under 18.  If you are asking about psychologically, the answer is they are partially adults.  College students tend to be comfortable both in the world of adults and the world of teens.  That midway personality status, especially when combined with raging hormones and copious amounts of alcohol, can sometimes result in immature decision making.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The only exception is 16 and 17-year-olds who finished high school earlier before they became 18, but for the rest of them, the answer is yes. Most college freshman are 18 when they begin college.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.