Ryan asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Is feminism stupid. What do you think? ?

Ok so now a days. I see on social media the most trending thing on it is men vs women and this feminism is really getting out of control. Everywhere i see females are degrading men for the things they do by their self and things they already have and making such a shitty and stupid posts that i can't believe that how can a women be this much stupid. There's a page on insta named Feminist and they upload posts about feminism and belive me those posts are like cancer. If feminism is about equality so wtf you are degrading and blaming men. What these females actually want. There are alot of things i can say right now but it's no use so im just asking in this short form. That what do you think about feminism. You can even go on insta and visit this page. See some posts and read some comments before answering if you don't know much. 

Yes. It's stupid intellectually AND in what it's trying to achieve. The more it succeeds, the less happy women are. 

Feminism has become highly misandrist over the years and usually spouts of nonsense dogmatic ideology these days.  Thankfully most of us can differentiate between feminists and women unlike the answer below me.  Hating feminism is not hating women.   Only deceitful feminists try to push that bogus claim to defend their misandry.

• Nat

Feminism is very mild and makes really valid points. I think you just hate women

• Foofa

If that's the most trending thing you see on social media it's because you're affirmatively seeking it out. For the rest of us Twitter and every other platform is nothing but nonstop politicking and race baiting, largely in absence of gender related content. 

No. Feminism has accomplished a lot and made the world a better place.

You found stupid posts on an insta page, and are judging an entire movement by it? That's... not smart.

You don't get more feminist than Lesbian Camille Paglia

Modern feminism needs to 'stop blaming men,' says Camille Paglia

• Hayley

Feminism is not stupid. You should not judge an entire movement based on one account on Instagram.

It always has been. Gynocentrism period is cancer.

I believe girls, women experience harassment. 

But I think feminism is a product of pride not reason.

There probably are people that fight for a genuine cause who are under the group.

When it is pride, gender is not relevant, gender can be used for support.

Feminism is either about equality ... which means that the prominent feminists in the movement are NOT true feminists, along with a majority of self-proclaimed feminists who stand by the movement.  OR, feminism is defined by the prominent feminists that hold positions of power within the feminist movement, and any person who just believes in equality is NOT a true feminist unless they believe in all the other misandrist "feminist theories" and "woke" critical theory (aka cultural Marxism) that feminists have become about over the last few decades.

So I generally agree with you.  The problem is to get every other "feminist" to agree, or even speak about this issues of what feminism actually is.  The way I see it is that the misandrist feminists of today like to reference classic feminism for their stated definition, but then they go on to practice critical theory (misandrist) feminism as their working definition, all the while denying that their identity politics and misandry is anything but "gender equality".

.