What does LOGIC say about :Isn't it funny how you consider an atheist "honest" when he reflects your own opinions back to you?

Well the first thing is, How can you know that it is that quality that is being related to the honesty. When a tall, Swede, Republican, gardener does something , what is reflecting back: his tallness, Swedeness, Repulbicanness, or his Gardnerness??

See "Thunder" is a fool  :)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Jeff
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Here's something logical:

I keep looking for something

intelligent from you. That

hasn't happened yet.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Depends on what this ‘something’ is, now doesn’t it?

Talking Swedish? He’s reflecting his Swedishness.Reaching something up high? Tallness. Voting for Republican policies? Republicanness. 

Gardening? Garderness. 

And then other actions will reflect other qualities. Having sex - horniness 

Eating food - hungriness 

Lying for God - religiosity.

Etc

• Dave D
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

"Honesty" means that a person is open for discussion and is willing to concede a viable point when it is made even on an issue with which they disagree.  A person shows himself by what comes out of his/her mouth, not by his ethnicity or what he does for a living. 

I have only seen one atheist on this board who was willing to acknowledge the valid evidence for God which has been often given.  What does that say about honesty? 

• 3 months ago

That never happened...I worked with an atheist once and he was a jerk...good riddance to him.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.