Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Is an open salad bar a good idea for my birthday?

Everyone likes salad right? maybe meat and cheese for those who dont?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

A salad bar sounds delicious! If however, you were doing a brunch birthday then I would also serve some kind of protein with it -like tuna! Even meat or cheese salads are good. (Like a turkey salad) or (a salad that has parmesan cheese in it!) If you are, however, doing a birthday dinner.....it cannot very well JUST be salad....you would need a main dish....or something else....like sushi for example!

Good Luck, and .....oh yeah.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! ;-) 😉

• 1 month ago

That seems very healthy but I guess it depends on the occasion & if your friends are into health 

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes, that sounds good, a selection of salad elements,  dressings,  breads and a couple of  meats [ham & chicken] maybe?

• JOHN B
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

K.I.S.S. (keep it simple ******) Way too much prep and clean-up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Lame. I could see a baked potato or taco bar. But a salad bar as a main dish at a birthday party? Gee, I think I have to wash my hair that night.... 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not in this environment. COVID. 

• 1 month ago

I am not a fan of 'open' or 'buffet' styled gatherings just because people tend to be less than sanitary around food, and that just grosses me out. If you do go that route, make sure there are forks or tongs for every item, and have someone keep watch so that if a guest does do a double dip or uses their fingers, or sneezes or what have you, you can quickly and easily take the contaminated food away and replace it with new.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

no buffet style anything. it has to be prepakaged in styrofoam. or served right away

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't think any salad bars are open at this time. 

• 1 month ago

I assume your birthday isn't soon; a buffet's not a great idea during a pandemic

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.